Unrated 'd' shackles should not be used during a recovery as the shackle is not designed to withstand the stresses and angle of the forces during a recovery. Only use rated alloy recovery bow shackles.
The new Lightweight SECURETECH snatch block offers a rating of 17.5 tons while accommodating a 10mm to 13mm steel wire rope or textile rope. The design features hard anodizing, a sheave wheel with bearing to assist in smooth operation under heavy loads, a newly designed axle pin, aluminium side plates with an enlarged oval attachment eye to accommodate up to 6.5t allow recovery bow shackle.
The Snatch Block can be certified and test reports are available on request.
The Snatch Bock is used when winching for double lining to increase the winch’s capacity during a recovery and can also be used to alter direction with a second anchor point in difficult situations.
- Extremely light weight: 1kg
- Compact and ergonomic in design
- Hard anodized finish
- Bearing for smoother operation under heavy loads
- Enlarged oval attachment eye to accommodate up to 6.5t alloy recovery bow shackle
- Non exposed wheel to prevent “snarling” with the recovery safety blanket or damper
- Accommodates 10 to 13mm diameter textile or wire rope
- Minimum breaking strength of 17 500kg
- Suitable for Steel wire rope, nylon, polyester and plasma rope
- Block can be certified and test reports are available on request
WHERE TO PURCHASE
To purchase a SECURETECH product please visit one of the the stores below or click here to contact Special Industrial Supplies.